What does Quickstep do?
Quickstep is an advanced composites manufacturer that caters mainly to aerospace and high technology applications.
Quickstep is an approved supplier for the international F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program – the largest military aerospace program in the world, supplying more than 30 individual components with content on every aircraft produced.
They are also a sole supplier to Lockheed Martin of composite wing flaps for the military C-130J “Super Hercules” and commercial LM-100J transport aircraft.
They have facilities in Sydney, Melbourne and in the US.
What activities has Quickstep offered?
Quickstep is open to considering any request for a visit providing timing can be mutually agreed. The activity is open to negotiation, but will generally include some or all of the following depending on location and facilities available:
- Met on arrival at the facility and introduction to operations at the locality
- Familiarisation with the aerospace composite activities underway at the facility and how they relate to Defence or commercial flying activities. This would include F-35 and C-130J components at Bankstown.
- Personal experience by a younger Quickstep staff member on what it is like to work in Airbus and similar companies
- A hands on activity related to the operations at that facility
- Overview of broader career opportunities in Quickstep and entry requirements
- A short introduction to one or more Quickstep members in location who were Air Force Cadets (if available)
- Provide some education materials on Quickstep.
Where can they offer activities?
Quickstep Technologies could provide the greatest range of activities at the facility in Bankstown, in Sydney’s west. They also could provide a more limited tour in Victoria at their facility near Tullamarine airport. Quickstep speaker(s) could potentially attend a Cadet Unit in Sydney or Melbourne. Potentially a speaker could be arranged for Brisbane or Canberra.