What does Bristow do?
Bristow includes transport, search and rescue (SAR), unmanned aerial vehicles, helicopter maintenance, modification or repair, and sales. Bristow operates a fleet of approximately 240 of the industry’s most modern aircraft with the latest generation of technology and safety features. Bristow is the world’s largest operator of S-92, AW189 and AW139 model helicopters.
Bristow Australia has had a presence in Australia since the 1960s, and is based at Redcliffe, Western Australia. This organisation supports commercial maritime operations and industry. For example, a Bristow helicopter recently conducted a medevac for a sailor from a commercial vessel off the WA coast.
Bristow Australia (Bristow Defence Industries) also provides maintenance and logistics support for the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Maintenance Contract for their helicopters (previously Super Puma and now Chinook) based at Oakey, Queensland, Australia.
What activities can Bristow offer?
Bristow could potentially offer a visit to their Perth helicopter facility providing timing can be mutually agreed. The activity is open to negotiation, but will generally include some or all of the following:
- An introduction to Bristow SAR and helicopter support operations;
- A tour of the Bristow facility;
- Overview of career opportunities at Bristow including entry requirements.
Where can they potentially offer activities?
- Oakey: Bristow Defence Industries, Schwartz Barracks 1 Luscombe Ave, Oakey QLD 4401
- Perth: Bristow Helicopters Australia Head Office and base for helicopter operations and support