The below process aided with images details how to make your way through the process of submitting an expression of interest to become a volunteer instructor pilot with the Air Force Cadets.
Click the link to begin the process and then on this page select the second option, Civilian Instructor Volunteer - Aviation.
In the search bar of this page, enter EFTS for powered pilots or GTS for glider pilots
Choose the unit to view the map as a whole or choose a specific unit.
Once you have identified the appropriate unit, click "Choose the unit" and proceed to the next step.
Fill the form with the requested details and submit the information.
- From here your expression of interest will processed by the relevant aviation wing personnel and they will be in contact with you to organise interviews and further required information as required.
- We aim to make the application process as easy as possible and hope to see you in the organisation as soon as possible!
If your expression of interest is accepted, you'll be asked to provide the following:
- Current CV
- Two references, from persons who have known you for a reasonable period, supporting your suitability to work in youth development.
- Evidence of birth date – driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate.
- Evidence supporting your pilot qualifications and current aviation medical status.
- Details of service as an ADF member where applicable. We will require details of your service to conduct a Service Record check.
- Details of previous service with the ADF Cadets where applicable. We will require details of your cadet service to conduct a Service Record check.