The below process aided with images details how to make your way through the process of submitting and expression of interest in becoming a volunteer with the Air Force Cadets.
Click the link to begin the process and then on this page select the first option, Civilian Instructor Volunteer.
In the search bar of this page put your post code and it will find your nearest(s) this is up to you if you have multiple units nearby as to which unit you choose find one that is nearby and parades on a night that is convenient for you.
Choose your suburb to view the map as a whole or choose a specific unit.
Once you've located the unit which best suits you, click the "Choose the unit" button to proceed to the next step.
Fill the form with the requested details and submit the information.
- From here your application will processed by the relevant wing personnel and they will be in contact with you to organise interviews and forms as required.
- We aim to make the application process as easy as possible and hope to see you in the organisation as soon as possible!
If your expression of interest is accepted, you'll be asked to provide the following:
- Current CV
- Two references, from persons who have known you for a reasonable period, supporting your suitability to work in youth development.
- Evidence of birth date – passport or birth certificate are accepted.
- Details of service as an ADF member where applicable. We will require details of your service to conduct a Service Record check.
- Details of previous service with the ADF Cadets where applicable. We will require details of your cadet service to conduct a Service Record check.